The Center for Higher Ambition Leadership is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing and supporting a growing global community of leaders who have higher ambitions for themselves and their institutions. Higher-ambition leaders are driven by a sense of purpose that goes beyond achieving financial success. They aspire to build organizations that succeed in the marketplace by earning the respect, trust, and, commitment of their people, customers, communities, and investors.
- Bring together leaders from higher-ambition institutions from around the world to learn together and learn from each other.
- Develop actionable insights and knowledge on the critical challenges and most productive practices for leading, designing, and developing institutions that sustainably deliver superior value to all stakeholders.
- Support the development of the next generation of highly capable leaders who will carry on the work of building and sustaining higher-ambition institutions.
The Center’s website is a key resource supporting our mission of developing and supporting a growing global community of higher-ambition leaders and institutions. Our intent is to build:
- A global portal for high-quality, relevant, and practical resources that are carefully selected, from sources around the world, to enhance the current effectiveness and ongoing development of higher-ambition leaders and institutions.
- A platform for widely sharing higher-ambition management practices, tools, and insights developed by the Center through its programs and activities.
- A virtual community for higher-ambition leaders to connect with one another and contribute to the growth of the community’s resources.
The Center also sponsors a wide range of activities including research projects, conferences, and other events for higher ambition leaders. These have included:
- A multi-year research study of the leadership practices of 36 CEOs of vanguard companies in the US, Europe, and India including, Becton Dickinson (BD), Campbell’s Soup, Cummins, Volvo, Ikea, Infosys, Tata group, and others, included in the book, Higher Ambition.
- Annual invitation-only conferences convening approximately 35 current and former CEOs from the US, Europe, and India as well as academics and other Higher Ambition thought leaders. The next, the third, will be held in Boston on January 13-14, 2014. The 2011 conference, hosted by the Harvard Business School, joined the five authors of Higher Ambition: How Great Leaders Create Economic and Social Value, and five members of the Harvard Business School faculty to share perspectives on leadership.
- A Center sponsored conference In Mumbai, India on Higher Ambition Leadership. The conference included a presentation by Harvard Business School Dean Nitin Nohria, and a panel of higher-ambition CEOs moderated by Paul Beckett, South Asia Bureau Chief of the Wall Street Journal. The panel featured Flemming Norrgren, coauthor of Higher Ambition, and five of India’s most illustrious business leaders.